Phoenix Youth R.I.S.E. Internship Program – Summer 2019
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Phoenix Youth Reach and Invest in Summer Employment (R.I.S.E.) program provides employment opportunities for youth, ages 16 to 24 years old, to learn the general aspects of working in business during the summer months. This internship offers a pathway to building strong work ethics and making future connections. Participating in R.I.S.E provides valuable insight into future career opportunities, work readiness training and helps create and build your future professional network. Selected candidates must complete a 2-day work readiness training prior to starting work. This readiness training program will be held in May – June before the internship begins.
Internship timeframe: 40 hours per week from June 17 – July 19, 2019.
Recruitment closes May 13, 2019. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date. Applications reviewed every two weeks.
$11.00 per hour.
- Applicants must be 16-24 years of age
- City of Phoenix resident
- Have legal right to work documentation in the United States
- Must be available to work the entire length of the 5-week internship, June 17 – July 19, 2019 (200 hours)
- Able to attend a 2-day work readiness training prior to the start of work
- Reliable transportation to work site, regardless of proximity to a residence
- Must submit a complete application in its entirety for consideration
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at phoenix.gov. Only completed online applications are accepted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- If you are selected to participate in the program, you must bring documentation with you to your interview appointment to complete the eligibility process
- Selected applicants will receive a phone call. You must bring all the documentation that applies to you to the orientation appointment. If you do not, the work site selection process will not proceed and you may lose your ability to participate
- The application must be signed and dated by the applicant, and parent/guardian or responsible adult where applicable
- Complete all areas of the application. If the application is NOT complete, it will NOT be accepted
- For more information, visit phoenix.gov/econdev/arizona-at-work/youthprograms
- If you have questions about the Phoenix Youth R.I.S.E. Internship Program, please contact Mary Alejandro, 602-534-3794.
If selected to participate, bring these documents to the interview appointment:
- State Issued Driver’s License or State ID Card
- School ID with Picture, if in high school, vocational or post-secondary education
- U.S. Social Security Card or Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Household Utility Bill to show individual or family residency
- If you do not have the above documents, you must prove Right to Work. Please discuss during the initial phone call when scheduling an appointment
If you need assistance applying for this internship, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Youth Workforce Programs
200 West Washington Street | Phoenix, AZ 85003