Help Maryvale: Work for the U.S. Census Bureau as a Census Taker
Temporary jobs with the U.S. Census Bureau are available in Maryvale.
The U.S. Census Bureau is currently hiring temporary positions for the 2020 Census in the Maryvale Village. The largest number of positions available are for census takers, and participating as a census taker would significantly help Maryvale. By working for the Census Bureau, you can help them reach their goal for the 2020 Census to ensure everyone is accurately counted.
Why is the 2020 Census important?
Census counts have a huge impact on our community. The 2020 Census data will be used to determine how more than $675 billion from more than 100 government programs are distributed to states and localities, including communities like ours. The data influence choices made about which roads are fixed, where schools are built and businesses opened, what medical services are offered, and more. Here are some other areas that the census numbers effect:
• School lunch programs.
• Community development grants.
• Road and school construction.
• Medical services.
• Business locations.
Upcoming Key Milestones
- March 2020—The public can begin responding to the 2020 Census online at 2020census.gov. Replying by mail or phone will also be an option.
- April 2020—Every 10 years, we observe Census Day on April 1.
- June 2020 through July 2020—Census takers go door to door to count people who have not responded to the 2020 Census. Census takers are Census Bureau employees and will provide proof that they are official government personnel.
- December 31, 2020—By this date, as required by law, the Census Bureau reports to the President of the United States the population count and the apportionment of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives to each state.
- 2021—Initial 2020 Census data are made available to the public on census.gov.
If you’re interested in a temporary job as a census taker in Maryvale, please visit the Census Bureau job site to apply. Individuals who receive federal benefits, i.e. food stamps, TANF, etc. may work for the Bureau without concern to losing benefits due to increased income. You’ll also be able to see descriptions and frequently asked questions at 2020census.gov/jobs. Working for the Census Bureau is a unique opportunity!